Erelzi® (etanercept) is a biosimilar to the Canadian authorized reference product, Enbrel®.
Erelzi® is indicated for:
• treatment of moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) in adults. Treatment is effective in reducing the signs and symptoms of RA, inducing major clinical response, inhibiting the progression of structural damage, and improving physical function. ERELZI can be initiated in combination with methotrexate (MTX) in adult patients or used alone.
• reducing signs and symptoms of moderately to severely active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) in patients aged 4 to 17 years who have had an inadequate response to one or more disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs (DMARDs). Efficacy and safety have not been established in children less than 4 years of age.
• reducing signs and symptoms, inhibiting the progression of structural damage of active arthritis, and improving physical function in adult patients with psoriatic arthritis (PsA). ERELZI can be used in combination with methotrexate in adult patients who do not respond adequately to methotrexate alone.
• reducing signs and symptoms of active ankylosing spondylitis (AS).
• treatment of adult patients with chronic moderate to severe plaque psoriasis (PsO) who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy.
• treatment of pediatric patients ages 4 to 17 years with chronic severe PsO who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy. Data on safety and efficacy are limited in the age group 4 to 6 years.
Erelzi® is the second Sandoz biosimilar available in Canada.